TV #249 Feedback

SeeSaw

TV #249 Feedback

Code: Select all

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/MOSTENJOYEDSEGMENT.jpg[/img]

Enter info here.

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/MOSTENJOYEDSTORYLINE.jpg[/img]

Enter info here.

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/BESTMATCH.jpg[/img]

Enter info here.

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/STAROFTHESHOW.jpg[/img]

Enter info here.

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/HAVEYOURSAY.jpg[/img]

Enter info here.

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/OVERALLSTARRATING.jpg[/img]

Delete where applicable, leaving just one.

[img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/5.png[/img]
[img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/4.png[/img]
[img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/3.png[/img]
[img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/2.png[/img]
[img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/1.png[/img]

Viper Roberts

Re: TV #249 Feedback

As per usual there were a few strong contenders for this, this week. My specials mentions go to Hereditary, Abandon and The Court in that regard which were all enjoyable reads on #249, with nothing much separating them in terms of their quality and amusement. My outright favourite on the night, though, must go to the segment involving the Forever Friends. Famished was a really fun little segment that tied in nicely with the match that preceded it. The idea of having the zombified trio crawl out from under the ring to gaze their ravenous eyes on all and sundry was a great way to whip up the frenzy among the audience. I dug how Knightlord, Royal, The Impaler and latterly Renault stepped in to fend the Forever Friends off and send them back below the ring from whence they came - almost in a real Face-like turn. Loved the writer's faux pas in mistakenly referring to Miles as Magical Mike too... Definitely added a bit of humour to proceedings :lol:

I'm loving all the little intricate stories that are revolving around The Returned, but the one that really stuck out for me this week was in the closing segment and the return of Darby Sorrow. From the idea of Sigil and Voynich frantically gravedigging, to Darby and Malice showing up by ambushing them from behind when they least expected it - I just thought it was a really well-written, well-executed piece, which served to round the show off and set us up perfectly for Lost Tapes next week.

Love a stacked card of championship matches, and as a current champeen - love to see the title holders retain! Zac wrote and amazing World Title match for Viper's defence against Albert Shaw last time out. It was always going to be a tough act to follow, but Dawson stepped up to the plate and delivered a breathless masterclass here. I genuinely found myself taking a breather when Viper hit the DDT after the frantic way in which the match started, and when the snakes started to turn on one another and latterly Viper - I genuinely feared the fucking worse. The sense of relief at the end was experienced by character and handler alike. Great stuff, Daws!

It was a night for the NPCs again for me. Rune came across as stronger than ever before on this showing, and as for those pirates growing tentacles for arms... Just hell fucking yeah! Can't wait to see some of these characters in action at Lost Tapes - that's for sure.

Thoroughly enjoyed all three segments involving the Sandman; in particular the one short of the World Title encounter which led straight into the match. With Sandman playing Viper at his own little games, it was great to see The Dream Demon show his appreciation and respect for Roberts' intellect and forward planning by using those very same tactics to turn the tables on The Head Snake and grab the early advantage.

SeeSaw

What a banger of a show this week. The segment work is always first-class, but sometimes they just connect differently and this was one of those weeks where I was completely intrigued by every segment on the show. Lots of funny moments, hilarious and intense statements, and the overall undead concept that's going on for Lost Tapes has been fantastic.

I especially loved "Exit Light", featuring Sandman and Shaw. Of course, Sandman's participation was perfect. He's been a slumber-based terror across the board for a while now, but Shaw's reaction and gameplan was just perfect. It played to his gimmick perfectly well, being the stubborn, gritty guy that he is. If Sandman wants to fuck with him in his dreams, then he'll just abstain from sleep. And then he sets alarms to go off every hour or so, and ends it all by saying that he is at his best when he's fucked up. It's just one of those segments that you read and can't wait to see how the results of it play out.

Obviously, I am hoping that we see Shaw go through with his plans and get to see the effects of not sleeping, for the sake of standing up to an entity like Sandman. Shaw is also unintentionally hilarious when he's at his angriest.

The Sandman is working overtime, so I'm not sure if his involvement with Shaw is going to be an isolated program - since he went after Simon in "Enter Late " (which was excellent too) - but I'm a huge fan of all of this.

I really loved the image of Sanctus in a bell tower, destroying the undead - and some of them even falling over the tower itself. This would have made for one hell of a splash page for the website.

The Two-Face/Scrimshaw interaction was awesome too. The beauty behind this one, for me, is you can feel the tension. There's a true hatred here, and you can feel that in the words they said to one another. I laughed my ass off when Two-Face called Scrimshaw an undead asshole, and then we said that a lot us have changed and pointed at his scarred face? He doesn't reflect on that a whole lot, so it was a cool moment.

Luke Storm and Nygma is clearly heating up. The involvement of Luke's daughter and especially his mother really makes this one emotional. Something tells me that Lost Tapes may be the last time we ever see good ole' Eddy again - if Luke has anything to do about it.

Viper Roberts vs. Sandman - OSW Title Match
Voynich v. Tenchu v. Darkload - Triple Threat

Both well written and exciting.

Sigil, for attempting to lead the way - gathering all of the OSW roster, making sure they understand what's happening, and asking them to take charge towards the forces that are putting everyone's lives at risk. Obviously, this is a big move for a character like Sigil - especially his mystique makes people second guess buying into his statements. Of course, Voynich represented the roster and stated that they would stand with Sigil in this fight, but is everyone on the roster really all bought in the way that Voynich expects them to be?

The Sandman gets an honorable mention too. He was all over the place, playing Freddy Kruger to Simon and convincing Albert Shaw to become a temporary insomniac.

Very cool buildup for the Rune/SeeSaw showdown, man. I'm excited about this. Rune is really pushing hard this go around, and I'm curious to see if he manages to bring down the Toybox. SeeSaw kind of seems a little taken aback by Rune's aggression too, which I think is the right move. Clearly, SeeSaw believed that the job was done with Rune and this whole change of circumstances has him a bit upside down. Should be quite a fight.

I mentioned this before, but the return of the "friends" brings new meaning to the word "Forever". I find it interesting that they didn't have interest in going after the members of OSW. Rather, they went after the damn crowd. I thought that was a pretty cool twist.

Point blank and simply said, this one fucking killed.

Corvus

The trio of dream sequences around the world title bout at Lost Tapes were excellent, particularly the final segment leading into Viper v Sandman. Great tension, great pacing and as if the Dream Demon needed another limb to make him more powerful, he can sleepwalk opponents to the ring.

This week, without a doubt the world title angle. I really enjoyed the progression of the overall arc with the opening segment. Expect a few more twists in this one but there was a real sense of we're on the road to the season ending blowout now.

Main event. We've had some outstanding world title contests recently, this was a match of the year contender for me. I have no issue with "over-booking" when it produces entertainment this good. No pressure on me now for the Lost Tapes ME.

Pop of the night has to got to Darby Sorrow. Great return in the closing segment. How fucking lit would an audience be when that happened. Props to Viper on once again finding that little bit extra to retain versus Sandman on his A game.

Really good segment this week that sets up the Lost Tapes match really well. I thought we might get a Handicap Match but this has been another vehicle that elevates CXDY further in my eyes. I've got no problem at all in my character being a kind of vessel in that process because character and handler really deserve it. We also get a better story now in the match next week - whatever happens I think we can expect some kind of carthasis for The Gold Standard.

Giving it five for the fantastic work around the world title in both segments and matches.

Sir Renault

Take my Hand - it built on the exit light, and enter night. But the twist at the end with Roberts realizing he woke up in the ring across from the sandman had me marking out hard. What a unique way to set up this main event.

Sigil’s continued warnings - with the help of a reluctant Voynich, Sigil seems to finally be making some progress. I was expecting a bit more pushback from the roster in the opening segment though. I also did not expect another zombie to join the fray when Darby sorrow flopped out of his coffin, but it seems to be setting up a nice match featuring the collectors edition which is cool. I think the big reveal is coming soon.

The Main Event - holy Moses another banger featuring viper Roberts and his snakes. I can’t get enough of this. This match had classic written all over it from the start when take my hand flowed perfectly into it. It was fun seeing the tables be turned around on viper this time to start, which was a stark contrast from vipers match with albie. And all the twists and turns, the venom, the red sand, the ref bump, the snakes crashing the party… have I missed anything?! Vipers legacy lives on.

The Sandman - despite Roberts retaining his title the sandman had his fingerprints all over this episode. Between pestering albie, persuading Simon, or flat out blindsiding Roberts, I love this character and what he brings to the table. He’s the undertaker of OSW.

Crucifixion match, alright!! Very excited to open lost tapes against a legend in what may be a first for OSW.

Also—love the new look for sir renault. Just in time for a battle against a heathen no less—This guy looks like he can smite someone

Another great episode which turned up the heat on current storylines and a classic main event.

Kaine Knightlord

Crucifixion

I'm really loving Phineas Moody here. This segment had serious Pinhead vibes with Moody showing up in the church being all demonic. It was a really cool segment that continues to show just how haunting and twisted Moody is. He didn't need to do much, but his presence is so unsettling that it works in his favour. Him and Sir Renault were not a pairing I was expecting, and I'm loving how well it works out here.

Voynich/Sigil

It's fun seeing these guys together again, and I'm enjoying the uneasy alliance they got. Voynich is well aware that Malice blames him as much as Malice blames Sigil for killing him. So he doesn't have much of a choice. Throw in the return of a now undead Darby Sorrow and you got a very interesting predicament these two find themselves in. Can't wait for Lost Tapes to see how it all ends.

The Main Event

I really like how the segment played right into the match to kick things off. Viper Roberts has been on a tear, but Sandman really isn't much of a slouch himself. It was awesome reading these two going at it as violently as they did, it worked well for the overall story they find themselves in.

Darby Sorrow

It was such a small appearance, but it told a lot at the same time. Of everyone's past that is coming back to bite them during the Returned's reign over OSW, Sigil has the most sins he has to pay for. Darby probably being the most tragic return since all he wanted was to die to be with Stephen (I think that was his name?) and yet again, he's brought back to the world of the living to serve at the behest of someone else. He wasn't a name I expected to see pop up again, and was really excited when he was.

Not much to add since Kaine was just involved in a brawl with the Forever Friends. Nothing was out of character given he'd have some value in protecting people, even if he doesn't like them very much. It was a really neat segment that set up the match for Lost Tapes. I am still intrigued to see where this whole Nigel Royal faction goes once the zombies are gone.

Two-Face

I really enjoyed "Hereditary" actually. The multiple undead corpses ganging up on Bellator was a very strong image, and actually gave me a similar vibe to the fight scenes in the Matrix, almost overwhelming the opponent because of the gap. I like that Impaler wasn't really involved as well but was on the periphery of everything going on.

There's a lot going on in the word title arc. Plenty of segments keep the hype up but I don't think anyone would have gotten bored wading through them as the all added to the storyline. I like that Viper doesn't sleep much so Sandman had to seek him out in this realm.

Following on from the above the world title match was the best match, showing off the world champ in all his glory.

Darby Sorrow's return puts him right up here. Even given all of the undead returnees recently this was something I did not expect at all and gave me one of the biggest pops I've personall seen. Can't wait to see how his reappearence changes things.

"Dead End?" was a fun seg. Separate from the general show pieces, it really improved my feel of the show and how it flowed. It also got me excited because if there is a separate piece like this on top of the usual storyline can only mean something really important is coming and I look forward to seeing what exactly!

"In The Mountains Of Madness" progressed the normal storyline along nicely, showing Two-Face as completely opposite to Whitlock in tone and mannerisms. Ending with Scrimshaw locked away is a good thing for this upcoming show because it means Scrimshaw is going to be ANNOYED.

Solid show that moved things forward.
Tenchu

I wanna give this to His Foretold Destiny. While we've seen most of the dead crop back up, this one focused more on the long term journey these two have been down. We see the conflict, the real personal tragedy and ironic twist of fate that's had these two align, and see it crumble apart as CXDY takes his exit, hoping Corvus bites the dust over it all. It's a strange sort of light moment, that maybe CXDY can take this all the way to the top. But perhaps, it really is a fool's errand. Still, this one caught my eye, and I appreciate it for that.

Phineas Moody x Sir Renault has been honestly such a fuckin banger of segments. To see this holy warrior clash with a trickster of the carnival ring was such a fuckin good idea. The whole piece of him being able to enter a church, how it was executed, all of it just was fuckin fantastic. These two are gonna draw attention at Lost Tapes, and I feel this could be the start of a run to Red Snow with how well this one has been hitting.

It's hard not to lean into that fantastic Main Event. Seeing those two just clashing, the tricks with the snakes, and Roberts retaining? Fucking brilliant stuff.

Okay, this is Sandman's turf. From the Enter Night segment where he was just pulling all the little Metallica nods in his segments to the end bit where he literally punked out Viper Roberts and had him front and center stage for his match before he even realized it, you felt the terrifying gaze across the entire episode, which is impressive given all the undead around. Excellent stuff!

I'm just ecstatic that this old curmudgeonly bastard is back for a bit, and making it all of Two Face's problem. Seeing these two bounce back and forth was great, and neither giving a fuckin inch when they met face to face. The bit with the bullet was absolutely fantastic, and the sudden trapping of Scrimshaw in that little room. Too bad that won't save you Whitlock, he's coming with a rope and chain.

With some really solid hooks and beats here, we're prime up for the ME of Lost Tapes next week! Was a really good setup for what's gonna come for all these fellas.

Banzan

CRUCIFIXION

The setting, the logic with the demon not being able to step over the threshold, the concept of looking into the eyes of God's warrior - it's all brilliant. But then we get Moody saying f-u to all of that and taking Renault out anyway... "You know not what you face."
Man that's a great line and a real moment in the character development of him, leaves one wondering actually wtf is going on. And fearing because you know he's coming for all who consider themselves on Yahweh's side.
I loved the segment, and the interaction with Moody actually made Renault seem pretty badass and gave him some great development too, win win.

SIGIL's TURMOIL

I really liked 'We Believe'. It drew on some real heartstrings in the feud between Voynich and Sigil, but to see that Voynich can look past that for the greater good, at least temporarily may be the only saving grace that Sigil is offered in his quest.

Banding together to save from being destroyed by the dead, it's brilliant. And the fact that Voynich is the voice of the roster who essentially says 'we've got your back... for now' makes the storytelling here all the more brilliant.

DEATHNOTE vs MOREDECAI
Something about this match that I loved. The back and forth, the spots that were his and the simultaneous move to finish it, it's a great ending when that happens and I think the match really sold both characters.

SIGIL
Like Voynich, as a fan I'm tentatively giving Sigil the benefit of doubt here under the pretense that he prove he's above board and not just making some massive manipulation to screw everybody over.
It's Sigil though, so he'll probably find a way to do both, and ride off into the sunset to leave the rest of us to burn. Regardless, he gets the nod this week just because without him, we're surely fucked anyway...

Though without him, we wouldn't likely be in this mess anyway - and OSW wouldn't be half as interesting. So, it makes for good TV even if we have to sacrifice Chris along the way.

SANCTUS

Sanctus in a Sanctuary, slaying undead is a pretty cool image. It was a beautiful scene that really does it's job well in raising a hell of a lot more questions than answers, and that I love about it.
It made Sanctus come across as a badass, while also introducing this concept of a new mask and at the same time we get the Impaler snippet linking to that bloodfeud as well. Lots to love here!

BANZAN
I liked the answers we got in the Darklord/Helveig/Banzan saga - surely, through what has just transpired, Banzan will be able to see that Helveig is being truthful. He talks a hell of a lot of sense actually.
Then the segment with Pyre and Alice - damn I love the concept of this feud, it's brilliant. The setting was bloody brilliant and creepy and gave the right vibes, then the MAGGA that took her head clean off. That sealed the deal for me, what a bloody segment. Clap clap clap!
I have a feeling that Alice is not going to be happy about getting her head kneed off.

RUNE
You know what I love the most about this, the little references. You've really created a Conspiracy within OSW itself in the Toybox being the omen of death, the references to Reddit threads to draw more to the conspiracy.
Then Rune coming not only for SeeSaw's life, but also to destroy the Toybox entirely, that's pretty awesome. Should he succeed, what does that mean should his conspiracy prove true?

This month's arc leading up to Lost Tapes has been awesome, another massive hit here!

CXDY

The Conspiracy Is Real. I love that Rune is back, albeit in a limited one off capacity, but he was one of my favorite characters. Especially with all that’s going on in the world right now, a conspiracy character has so much to draw on. I love that he’s saying he’s the only person to have survived the toy box, sort of, as all who have stepped in have never stepped out. And he’s planning on destroying it, the one thing Andy Fish has complete control over. Love it.

I have been enjoying the entire build up to Lost Tapes II and seeing all of the former characters come back to life in undead/zombie form to haunt their enemies/frenemies. Terror Vision and the whole undead concept has allowed this to take form and it is such a cool vessel and angle to see unfold. Job well done Dean on laying all of this out and building upon interweaving stories and to the creative team for taking his vision and bringing it to life.. no pun intended. Or maybe pun intended.

Main Event. The main event always delivers and the people called upon to carry it always pull their weight. What a match between the former champ The Sandman and the current, reigning, defending, undisputed champion Viper Roberts. Great job Sam and Rob for bringing the heat and Daws for writing a tremendous main.

Sigil. The collector has been the piece that holds it all together during the terror vision era. Consistently being featured and almost always opening and closing the show. He is the leader of the pack at this moment in time, heading up the charge of OSW versus the terrors.. banding everyone together to stop them.

Great segment/development between CXDY and Corvus leading into the triple threat match with Tyler Brooks at Lost Tapes II. CXDY is losing it as of late and the return of Brooks is making him take a turn for the worst. It’s almost as if CXDY went from family man defending the honor of his family, to someone who’s dealing with failure, and then his former friend has come back to haunt him. It’s pushing him to the edge to possibly a complete mental breakdown.

Awesome awesome awesome show and build to Lost Tapes II!

Return to “RATE THE SHOW”