TV #247 Feedback

Black Skull
Site Admin

TV #247 Feedback

Code: Select all

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/MOSTENJOYEDSEGMENT.jpg[/img]

Enter info here.

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/MOSTENJOYEDSTORYLINE.jpg[/img]

Enter info here.

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/BESTMATCH.jpg[/img]

Enter info here.

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/STAROFTHESHOW.jpg[/img]

Enter info here.

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/HAVEYOURSAY.jpg[/img]

Enter info here.

[align=justify][img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/OVERALLSTARRATING.jpg[/img]

Delete where applicable, leaving just one.

[img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/5.png[/img]
[img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/4.png[/img]
[img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/3.png[/img]
[img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/2.png[/img]
[img]https://www.weareosw.co.uk/forumimages/1.png[/img]

Sir Renault

Re: TV #247 Feedback

Too Many Cooks—I’m a mark for these segments that often close shows. Viper narrowly escaping a serious threat and badass? Check. Simon laying the smack down on that snake who had it coming after all the shit be pulled during the match? Check. Simon staking a claim, only to be checked by the monster and former champ who came to remind everyone why he is the ace? I love it all… could it be that too many competitors will end up chipping away at one another and allow the snake to somehow manage to slither away with the title again though?

I’m not too keen on Sigils history, but from what I’m reading no one seems to trust him, so I find his story of gaining everyone’s trust in such a crucial moment in OSW intriguing. Can he get through to everyone in time, one by one helping everyone come to realize what’s actually happening? It makes sense that Voynich, who seems to be a reasonable guy, is the first to recognize that sigil isn’t playing. Looking forward to seeing how Sigil can convince the others.

The main event was brilliantly done. Albies no nonsense pre match beat down on the champ showed his urgency to get back what he thinks is his, but viper scouted him and after all of albies best efforts pulled off some serious mind fuckery to escape with the title in hand. How far can viper stretch these shenanigans until he runs out of tricks?

The sandman achieved some measure of revenge on BMF with his victory, and staked his claim back on the OSW title. His journey for revenge isn’t quite complete yet, but the way he’s presented makes me think something big will go down soon that will have implications on not only momentarily removing him from the title scene but for what’s to come for him at red snow.

I like the idea of Renault as Nigels mercenary, but what cause is he fighting for? Nigel seems to have some big plans that should come to fruition at the end of this season.

I’m excited and a bit intimidated to be in the presence of Cal’s character. I hope he has something in store for Renault, whether it be a character changing implication or a feud. I’m psyched!

5 stars. Brilliant show.

Kaine Knightlord

A LOOK INTO THE EYES OF GODS WARRIOR

This one was fucking creepy, and I loved every second of it. Phineas Moody is debuting at the perfect point with Halloween just around the corner. The interaction between him and Renault was chilling and uncomfortable, in a good way. We got a really good sense of the horror that Moody presents and I can't wait to see more.

SIGIL/VOYNICH

I'll avoid mentioning the third to avoid spoilers. But yeah, this one was a lot of fun to see the set up and it's only going to get ugly from here given who the Returned brought back. This is going to be a really fun dynamic as Voynich played an accessory role, unwillingly, to Sigil's murder and yet he's right in the middle and is being put on blast for it.

Gotta love a good Inferno Match. These matches are always my favourite, and this one was solid. It's hard to write a match this involved in 200 words, but Sammy pulls it off well with an ending that works. Solid job here.

Sigil, for the same reason as above. He's got his hands full now that he is back for now. That coupled with the issues he has with Voynich and trying to get people on his side in terms of the Terrors that have befallen OSW because of his actions. He's got a LARGE hill to climb to get anybody to trust or believe him after everything he has done.

Kaine's in an interesting spot right now. He's very much a loner, and wouldn't trust Nigel with anything at all. But he's smart and would see that bMf would be a problem for himself to fight alone. I liked his skepticism at Nigel and getting under his skin a bit taking the jab at Albert Shaw.

He'd also have very little trust in Sir Renault as well. Given Renault's overall religiousness and Kaine being rather... Opposed to Yahweh being he's a vampire, they'd have a very interesting dynamic that I'm looking forward to seeing how it'd be played out at all. The Impaler would intrigue Kaine, for sure. He's still mortal, so Kaine would have disdain for him but given his ambiguous morality he'd likely get along with him to some degree.

Anyway, I'm interested to see how this goes and how Kaine continues to interact with everyone in this little league that's forming.

Sanctus Bellator

IMPERISHABLE

I loved the way that the Forever Zombie Friends were introduced here - you didn't need anything more than the description of a mask and a top hat. I can picture the snippets on a TV segment, and marking out as a fan. Then the tying in to friendship being forever and so too is their hunger. Great writing.

A LOOK INTO THE EYES OF GOD'S WARRIOR

The backstory here is incredible. It gives the character of Sir Renault a bit of OSW lore in himself, that the calling of finding the Chief's body was what brought him here. Makes so much sense and ties into the character beautifully.

Then we see Phineas Moody. Bloody terrifying in itself, but made more terrifying by the fact in the back of our mind that Cal is operating a demonic ringmaster. Jeepers, that sends shivers down the spine. This will be huge!

I'm intrigued by the fact that he says Sir Renault is NOT God's warrior - they were not the eyes he sought.

CAEL GABLE vs DEATHNOTE

I don't always like how Inferno matches come across, but I loved this one. The subtle descriptions that brought the flames into the match, then the describing of the oils of Deathnote's hair having evaporated, making his hair frizzy. That's great stuff that really added to the match!

SANDMAN

He really stood tall tonight. A massive match for him, showing that BmF can be taken out -- then, the claim to the title. Shit, Viper Roberts had better watch out for there is a monster coming.

BANZAN

There's something really great about the way Banzan comes across here. And it's subtle. There's almost no animosity from his towards Pyre, despite recent events. I love that. You can see him meditating, rising above those feelings. He says a lot with a simple raising of an eyebrow. Enough to initially get Pyre to extinguish her flames for a moment.

Then the introduction of Alice... Ooooh, I bloody like where this is going! Especially the angle of Alice also wanting after Banzan for abandoning her.

In terms of description, the description of Alice here, headless - then the grin and her getting her zombies to chase after Banzan is great. I imagine that he's going to have to make a quick escape, as there's a lot of man to be lugging about running away from Zombies.

RUNE

Oh, this will be fun! Bring it on! What a way to see everybody's favourite conspiracy theorist back!

What a cool bloody show. Great concept. I love that this is going to lead to some really interesting Lost Tapes matchups.
Very intriguing writing all round, great job by Creative pushing that creative envelope.

Loved every segment. Though I'm leaving something in the tank as I feel Lost Tapes is going to be insane, so I want to reserve the 5 star for that.

The Impaler

“HOLLYWOOD HELL”

Luke's stuff continues to intrigue me more and more. Plus, seeing his Hollywood dream become a nightmare. I keep drawing comparisons to the Monkey's Paw, and I think it is so apt. Luke's big dream has come with a giant price tag, and I can't wait to see what this dark descent does to Luke's psyche. I am hooked on this whole story and I cannot wait to see more of it play out.

Most of this show.

Almost every single angle this week played into some larger and undead threat is coming for the whole and dare I say what's left of the soul of OSW. It was like watching a really good bottle episode from my favorite series. Kudos to whoever thought up having the undead sins of OSW's past come back to haunt it. If this is setting up a Halloween special, I am buying all the way in.

OSW CHAMPIONSHIP
ALBERT SHAW vs. VIPER ROBERTS

Was it overbooked? Yes. Did it need to be? Yes, a thousand times yes. This Main Event was a battle showing that age and treachery will often triumph over youth and enthusiasm. I love that style of storytelling. Just when Albie thought he had Viper beat, the motherfucker pulled another violent rabbit out of the fucking hat of his. Just fantastic work.

I am not sure I can pinpoint one star here. I feel like everyone got fairly equal billing. No one man stood out. This week to me felt like an ensemble piece, and that I feel is what this week was. Everyone building their own events but everyone also for the most part being tied together with the overall background narrative. I absolutely loved it.

Enjoying the new direction for Impaler being a merc for Royal, but I also know sometimes Impaler's price tag is more than just money. I cannot wait to see what the next step is here with this. I am actually waiting with baited breath to see how the Zombie Best Friends play into this whole thing. Also side note, if your can't tell I'm a sucker for this zombie stuff.

Viper Roberts

So I think this is a first (it certainly is for me from memory), but I'm going to give this to the entire show. I thoroughly enjoyed the theme running through this episode of Terror Vision, beginning in that very first segment with the second coming of Malice. When The Returned made an appearance last week and uttered those eerie words 'they're coming, sire, they're coming', it did make you wonder who exactly he meant by 'they'. Turns out we were about to be treated to a whole host of Volume II returnees on this show, which got me seriously hyped for who or what we might see next!

Despite all the zombified returns, I'm actually going to give this to the Israel Grimwolf, Cael Cable and seemingly Pirates of the Carribean-esque world seem to have entered now. I was a big fan of the original three movies - and particularly Dead Man's Chest. To see all that come to life here in OSW with whispers of Davy Jones, the locker, and dead pirates emerging from the briny deep covered in coral and whatnot was seriously cool. Just what is there in Grimwolf's chequered past that has these ex-crewmen of his baying for his blood?

I have to say that since the Head Snake started hitting the main event level his matches just get better and better. Seriously, Zac-i-poos - I absolutely loved the swerve here with one of Roberts' Snakes posing as him at the start of the match. In typical Viper fashion, he shrewdly gives himself an early advantage in the contest which sets the tone for the rest of the bout. Awesome work my dude, and I can't wait to see what Daws has got next time out against the Sandman!

I'm tempted to give this to all the returning characters this week, as some are still sorely missed - the familiar red, white, and blue mask being the sorest of them all.

A successful first title defense, followed by a good old-fashioned in-ring brawl between Viper and his three challengers to build the hype for Lost Tapes and the Halloween special... You won't be getting any complaints from me here!

SeeSaw

There was thematic consistency across all segments in order to set up for this year's Lost Tapes so, as a chain, they all get recognized. We were able to see a lot of familiar faces and, along with that, most - if not all - of these familiar faces came back with connections to their final storylines. A few standouts from this chain of segments for me were Headless Alice, Scrimshaw, Sandy "Lucid Cream" Rogers, and the Forever Friends - who've remained quite honest to the whole "forever" thing.

The one thing I especially love about OSW are these side-show events - where we're able to relive classic characters and really dig as deeply as possible into an imaginations.

Most of this show was devoted to building towards Lost Tapes. Being that this was my favorite aspect of the show, I'll throw in Zombie Newton and Luke Storm. To me, this mini-storyline carries the most baggage, the most lore, the most history - and it'll be a great match. I don't know how this connects with the Luke Storm character OUTSIDE of Lost Tapes, but Newton has been referenced a lot, especially by Voynich. So, a match like this ties into that storyline as well.

You also have to wonder what "Hollywood Hell" is going to end up being like. For some reason, I can see the Hollywood Hills on fire, half of the iconic Hollywood sign gone, and them battling it out throughout the most popular streets/areas.

I enjoyed the bull rope match, actually. It's a unique gimmick that you don't see often and I generally like gimmick matches a lot more than your standard grudge-match. In my opinion, it was well-written.

I don't know - to me, one of the hardest things in OSW is RETAINING a title that you've won. The competition is just ridiculously high-classed here and it's always unpredictable. So, kudos to Viper for retaining against a massive opponent and challenger in Albie Shaw. To not only retain, but retain against a FORMER world champion is a huge accomplishment, in my opinion.

Rune returns, eh? I'm actually quite excited about this. The Rune character was awesome and I know, this is only temporary, but it'll be nice to see the whacked conspiracy theorist come back, in zombified fashion, come Lost Tapes. What a creepy ass return too, calling back to a very memorable Toybox demise. Loved this segment.

Consistent, creepy, super unique, and plain fun. This show fire on all cylinders.

CXDY

Hollywood Hell. Luke taking a call from his mom and what she says has him in a rush to find his brother in zombified fashion with his Daughter. What a visual.. this is huge as it tugs at Luke’s heartstrings and has to be breaking him down mentally and emotionally as he see Scarlett there on Newton’s lap and him calling him a killer as he pleads with him. Great stuff.
Tbh I’m enjoying all the presumed lead ups to Lost Tapes II. With al of the returns of dead characters and their involvement with the people associated with their death or with their final storyline write outs it’s amazing to see familiar names appearing in what can only be assumed as Lost Tapes storylines or a part of the bigger picture/vision for Terror Vision and the whole dead/warped angles.
OSW World title match. Two big time players battling it out for the biggest, richest prize in the game.. what we all strive for and hope to be. Viper with the big win in his first title defense solidifying that he’s the man and he deserves that top spot. Shaw came out still looking strong and proving he is still a main event player and hunting for that top billing. Great matchup written for two of the biggest characters and handlers in the fed. Great job all around to Rob and Shaw for throwing down in their promos and Jessie for written a banger of a matchup.
I’m gonna go with stars of the show. First being Viper Roberts for his first successful title defense and with Malice for being a part of the bookend segments with Sigil and making an immediate and large impact on the show and upcoming shows.

Are we running back the feud with Corvus? Being involved with Corvus/Jord is awesome as he’s been killing it and I could use the rub. CXDY is breaking down mentally because he’s trying to do good and be a good man and defend the honor of his family and find out and track down his wife’s stalker with no real trail. Everyone he has encountered has led him down a different path and the stalker is still out there. Asking Corvus for help, after what they’ve been through shows how desperate he is. And Tyler is alive?! This is some terror/warped/darkness shit and it popped me! What does this all mean?!?!?!
Corvus

Too Many Cooks. Lots of time for this classic type of feud builder. Simon staking his claim for the biggest prize and totally in character to pick such a strategic moment. Then as if we needed reminding, OSW's vol 2's biggest monster The Sandman throws himself into the mix and demonstrates his omnipresent threat. Yes please! Everyone gets over, nobody comes out of this worse off.

Going for the season theme and the influence The Returned had across the show. There's an awful lot of skeletons in the OSW cupboard, quite a lot of reckoning the dead would do. But each of The Returned segments illustrates how deep the history goes in OSW, how every character is woven into the fabric of the fed's lore.

Main event. Really enjoyed it from start to finish. Brilliant pacing, great spots, good character work and psychology from Shaw absolutely laying the smacketh down in brutal fashion to Viper using every resource at his disposal to keep the strap.

The Returned. All over the show and put some early Halloween frighteners on the whole roster.

We get a lot of themed shows in OSW, it's why from an entertainment and storytelling pov the fed is unique, totally peerless. This was up there with OUAT with my favourite shows of the season, but unlike OUAT it doesn't appear this will be a one-off and these stories involving the returned will continue. Looking forward to it and what comes out of this curveball.

Corvus and CXDY, it was logical given Tyler Brooks is the only non NPC Corvus has killed in OSW. I like the twist with corpse Brooks turning on his former best friend. Corvus and CXDY are far from friends but may need some form of alliance right now to save their skin.

Curious too whether CXDY trying to contract The Crow to hunt down his family's stalker is a red herring at this stage but a wise move from CXDY to bring in someone as elusive as Corvus to do that.

Two-Face

I really enjoyed how Unhappy Ending was written. The original Pyre/Alice storyline didn't always capture my attention but this sure did. The way Alice was written and the imagery of her head falling into her hands and then being placed onto her neck stump was one of the defining images of the "returned" group of storylines for me. Not only that, but the entirety of Wonderland is out for revenge. Pyre has sure got a lot coming her way now! Great seg.

I will put Storm/Deadward Newton here. There is such a rich and storied history between these two characters now, and to see that reimagined and relived will be a lot of fun. There is a great deal of potential in this storyline to have it right up there with the best of this season, and this temporary undead comeback will elevate it.

Have to agree here with those pointing to the main event. The snake dressed as Viper was a lovely twist and all in all a worthy match pitting the current and former world champs against each other.

I think there was so much fun to be had with the dead returnees that The Returned has to have this. It's always fun to see an about-turn and this is certainly one of those. The Undead are roaming OSW and its all down to The Returned. He has to be the start of the show for the chaos he's caused!

So Scrimshaw is back, eh? Thats certainly a fun one. Scrimshaw as well certainly a lot more ruthless than the not undead version of himself, as Two-Face's men feel the heat. What will be fun is to see how Scrimshaw and the now decidedly NOT Alton Whitlock interact now the politician is effectively no more. Good building seg but looking forward to where this goes next.

Return to “RATE THE SHOW”