Home forums Community Feedback Show Feedback State of Emergency Feedback

This topic contains 26 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Mother Mother 5 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Sergei Sokolov
    Sergei Sokolov
    Participant
    • Started: 10
    • Replied: 117
    • Total: 127
    • 12 pts

Standout Wrestler: (This is your standard wrestler of the night fare.)

Edward Newton. The echo chamber gets louder! After reading the show a couple of times, there’s no way I can give it to anyone but the Riddler. Winning your title match should always place you in consideration for this award, but couple that with how he dominated in the segments and it’s an obvious choice for me. Good to see the champ still going strong!

Standout Match: (This is the match of the night in your humble opinion. This can be based off roleplays, storylines, segments or the match itself.

Trio’s & Main Event. The main event was bloodcurdlingly(sp?) awesome! Loved the brutality of the match, both guys come out looking stronger than when they went in. I had the edge slightly going to Crowley on the boards but it’s I couldn’t be mad at it going either way! The trio’s for the fact that you have 6 of the top players going toe to toe, it doesn’t get much better than that. To be fair any match with the Hayman in, is always going to rank high with me!

Show Stealing Segment: (What segment stole the show for you?)

The Cake Is A Lie. Newton doing Newton things! In a show where the fate of the world hangs in the balance, where good vs evil is at the forefront, the champ still comes out as the main man! How he managed to come a cross as being more heelish than Crowley, Bellator, DTR and Mother is a testament to the writer of this great seg!

Rising From The Ashes. Jacob Phoenix is back and better than ever! Phoenix looks as tho he has completed the transformation into the most bad ass movie character of all time, Brandon Lee’s The Crow! He’s back from the dead to avenge his woman by killing those responsible, look out DTR and Cussen the Vigilante is back!

Needs Some Work: (What segment could use a little work?)

Nyet.

The Shock Factor: (What shocked you about the show? This can be a big moment, a storyline or a segment.)

The returns. Wasn’t around to see Phoebe Outlaw but I’ve heard good things, so I’m excited to see how this angle with Kersh plays out.

Feud Of The Night: (This is the same category as most compelling feud.)

Has to be Good vs. Evil. It’s the main theme of the company at the moment and as we all know Dean’s gonna have some outrageous twists and turns before this comes even close to it’s climax. It’s gonna be one helluva ride!

Overall Show Rating: (0 to 10, with 10 being the best, How did you rate the show? What could have taken it to the promised land if your opinion?)

10. My first show back and what an event to sink my teeth into!

Have Your Say: (You can have your say here on anything else that you’d like. Primarily this is for your segment and storyline but if you’d like to add anything else, you may feel completely free to do so. Make sure you tell us about your characterisation and angle, first and foremost.)

Archived Footage done a fantastic job of letting us know where and what had happened to Sergei and all I can say is I am hyped to which direction this new Terminator/Cyborg gimmick takes him. I was fortunate enough to be part of an angle that ran for over 6 months last time out and I’m sure that the Chief and creative will deliver again, as they always do! Glad to be back!

#72085 Score: 0
    Jake Jeckel
    Jake Jeckel
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replied: 102
    • Total: 106
    • 4 pts

Standout Wrestler:
    I got to go with Edward Newton on this one. I loved how cocky he came across in that opening scene. I mean, he’s basically eager to go to “Hell” and fight the “Devil”. How much more fearless could you be!?! He was a great contrast to Rhodes and Zappa. Later on, it’s thanks to him that any of the three (He, Zappa and Rhodes) had a chance of escaping the Underworld alive. (And that he assumedly, judging by what took place after his match, tricked Lee into thinking the title was a fake) Dude then goes on to beat “the devil”, in “hell”, and bounce out that bitch with what turns out to be the real World title AND the book!! Bad ass showing for Edward. The final scene may have solidified that Newton cares about one thing… Newton! But he also just landed arguably the biggest blow to the “dark side” since this war began!
    Standout Match:
    Both matches that took place in the Underworld were sick (loved how they ran into each other), as was that elimination match, but I got to give props to the Jeckel’s V the Family. As was the case with Jake V Jack, this match really told a great story. It’s almost like Jake V Jack was Jake’s emotional response to Calypso’s death and this match was his aggressive response. We really needed to see this from Jake, and Jack’s part fit perfectly… and the Family still came out of the whole thing looking like some straight up Monsters (That visual of Max smiling as he bled all over Jack was visceral). Also marked out for Jake stopping the pinfall attempt to inflict more pain and the suicide dive to save Jack from getting murdered by Million with that chair. Great read! (But I’m bias of course lol)
    Show Stealing Segment:
    Hard pick but I think I’m going to go with Collision Course. The scene was packed with players, which can sometimes muddle the scene or water down the characters but this segment did nothing of the sort. Everyone played a part in the scene, got themselves over, got their teams over and got their characters and storyline over. It was just a really good read, packed but not overdone with great interactions. Brent and Mike bickering, DTR being all slimy, Lux bright lighting in and giving a great sound clip for how he rationalizes teaming with the likes of the Virus and Mother… and Mother just appearing in the ring, DTR being like “that’s our cue”, I loved that shit. And that was a great line from Crow… “At last, words of wisdom from a Kersh”. BURN! Just an enjoyable scene.
    Needs Some Work:
    Naw dawg!
    The Shock Factor:
    It was a pretty fucking shocking night. I mean, Jacob Pheonix showed up! And fucking MURDERED his fucking boy Max! Like, holy fuck! Sad to see the character go, for sure, but holy fuck. It would be cool to see Max return as a revenant. Speaking of returns, Sokolov is back and mother fucker is a terminator! But he’s on goods side at least. I loved how his involvement in this storyline was “back dated” too. And last but not last, Pheb’s is back in the haugh! And she’s helping “Papa” Kersh this time around. And before we stray too far from people being Murdered, Imhotep and Kashim went the way of the Underworld at the hands of the fucking ooze! Then there was Eddy leaving Rhodes and Zappa high and dry and bouncing. I’d expect him to steal the book, and to trick Lee about the authenticity of the title, but I was thinking he was “teaming” with Rhodes and Zappa, in his own way, after working out a deal to give them a ticket out of there but, nope!
    Feud Of The Night:
    Newton/Rhodes/Zappa V Crowley/Chan/Harrison really shined on this show, and really helped drive this good versus evil storyline further. I loved that the series of scenes really weaved the show together nicely, and it created a couple real interesting matches one never thought they would have seen when OSW first started. I’ve already gone into my thoughts on the scenes but basically I loved the way each character was displayed, the twist at the conclusion and the many implications we’ll see going forward.
    Overall Show Rating:
    9.25 – Real good show
    Have Your Say:
    Dug the scene, one last exchange of words before the two teams exchanged blows was cool to see (especially since Max is dead now). Loved that line from Cuss about putting the Jeckel’s in the ground next to Calypso. I might say the match was actually as much a factor in storyline progression as the scene, so kudos to both writers. Interested to see were Jake/the Jeckel’s go from here now that Max is dead and Cussen looks like he’s going to have his hands full with Jacob Phoenix.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Jake Jeckel Jake Jeckel.
    #72091 Score: 0
    Lee Crowley
    Lee Crowley
    Participant
    • Started: 9
    • Replied: 192
    • Total: 201
    • 7 pts

This has to go to Edward Newton for sure. For starters, he brought my hot streak in singles matches to an end, and for that, I say kudos to Mel because that was a helluva promo. But outside of that, he retained his title, his streak, and the character further showed why he is the most dangerous man in the company. Turning the tide on Solomon and Zappa, leaving Crowley in a blood pile, and escaping with the book of the dead? Newton is a pure genius and an unstoppable force of nature.

Standout Match: (This is the match of the night in your humble opinion. This can be based off roleplays, storylines, segments or the match itself.)

I think I have to give this to the Trios match for sure. I’m a sucker for multi-man matches and this was no exception as it read easily and was chock full of fun spots. Aside from that, I felt that all of the roleplays were phenomenal and really added to the esteem of an already star-studded match. All around my favorite match of the night as far as both roleplays and writing are concerned.

For this, without bias, I think I have to go with Conditions and The Cake is a Lie. The reason for this may be cheating but I feel the first segment segways so well into the following two matches followed by an amazing segment to cap it all off that it really felt like a completely seamless transition amongst the four events. Back to back to back these all felt like they were conjoined and didn’t have any breaks that could pull me out of it, just really well-done structure and writing all around.

Nope.

The Shock Factor: (What shocked you about the show? This can be a big moment, a storyline or a segment.)

I would have to say the apparent return from the dead of both Pheobe Outlaw and Jacob Phoenix. Both characters have a long-standing history in OSW and their deaths were seen as massive blows to the roster, especially with the impact left by them in storyline. While Sergei’s return and Terminator gimmick is a close second, I feel that Jacob and Pheobe’s possible stories and reasons behind returning catch my eye just a bit more.

I think that the overarching Good vs Evil storyline takes the cake here. While it feels like a cop-out to say, I think that all the storylines meld together beautifully, and it seems everyone is coming together in some way to combat one another in a truly tremendous spectacle of faces, heels, and tweeners all finding just where they fit in this conglomerate of storylines.

Overall Show Rating: (0 to 10, with 10 being the best, How did you rate the show? What could have taken it to the promised land if your opinion?)

This got a 10 from me without hesitation. State of Emergency was filled with amazing returns, matches, and roleplays that all rival what we would see on a live show.

Have Your Say: (You can have your say here on anything else that you’d like. Primarily this is for your segment and storyline but if you’d like to add anything else, you may feel completely free to do so. Make sure you tell us about your characterization and angle, first and foremost.)

I’m not sure I have too much to say on Lee’s storyline for this show, actually. I thought the segments were executed perfectly and felt that Lee’s role as King of Hades really shined through in his speech and actions. Overall a really fun night for the King and one I enjoyed immensely.

#72160 Score: 0
    Marvolo
    Marvolo
    Participant
    • Started: 4
    • Replied: 121
    • Total: 125
    • 6 pts

Standout Wrestler: (This is your standard wrestler of the night fare.)

I’m going to have to throw my hat in with the near unanimous Edward Newton vote. The Riddler played abso-damn-lutely everyone tonight, to what may well be the expense of OSW itself. Still, he continues to hold the key, and I’m sure he’s one step ahead with something up his sleeve.

Standout Match: (This is the match of the night in your humble opinion. This can be based off roleplays, storylines, segments or the match itself.)

Los Trios – Yeah, I totally speak Spanish. I thought this match was absolutely perfect. You obviously have the heavy hitters in an all-star clash, but I felt it was… conservatively epic. Great match with kickass action, but it kept enough back because you know you’re going to be seeing these guys mix it up in similar permutations in the coming months. As Mel said, it was also cool to see the finale come down to Mother and ‘Crow – tying them in the process. This was an important round in the war, but the opening round nonetheless. Dem spotz gon be cray when these cats tangle again.

Show Stealing Segment: (What segment stole the show for you?) Needs Some Work: (What segment could use a little work?)

Archived Footage – I mention the returns below, but I wanted to give a special nod to this one because I totally nerded out over the whole we can rebuild him / more man than machine trope. I’m going to love seeing Sokolov in full-on Terminator mode.

Collision Course – Though I personally would have kept the verbiage short and sweet, I was hyped by the end as I imagined this Avengers-like roster of guys preparing for battle against the Big Bads. Even Lane’s Led Zep entrance music playing in the background made me think of the Thor Ragnarok opening. Cool stuff.

The Cake is a Lie – I just keep on getting suckered in by Newton every time. I ought to be right there trapped alongside Rhodes and Zappa. A leopard never changes its spots, I guess… <sup>see something up his sleeve comment above</sup>

Control Alt Delete – This really was just the perfect hook to end the show on. Simple yet brilliant segue into the card of the same name. It was like one song seamlessly following another on an album, or a 2-part finale to a TV show.

The Shock Factor: (What shocked you about the show? This can be a big moment, a storyline or a segment.)

Returns galore in this time of need! Jacob, Phoebe, Sergei (not the meerkat) – it’s great to see these guys <sup>and gal</sup> back where they belong, just as the stakes are at their highest. Equally as impactful as any one of these returns was the neck-snapping of Max Million, which totally came out of left field for me. The shock did wear off quickly what with the Revenants running around, however. Is this really it for Max?

Feud Of The Night: (This is the same category as most compelling feud.)

As usual these days, the fed-wide good versus evil takes the cake. Well, if the cake weren’t a lie, anyway. I’ll give this to the Trios bunch again, however, just because of that pumped-up Led Zeppelin pep talk beforehand. Big fight feel, for sure.

Needs Some Work:

Whereas I did have some nits to pick in preceding weeks, I think everything came together nicely for the show. There were some feuds cooler than others, but not every program can be red-hot. All wrinkles were ironed out and I think everyone involved had a good payoff.

Overall Show Rating: (0 to 10, with 10 being the best, How did you rate the show? What could have taken it to the promised land if your opinion?)

Aside from more Marvolo segments, I don’t think anything was missing from this card. Great show as always, which is actually remarkable considering Dean’s circumstances. But then, it’s not remarkable precisely because it’s Dean. You’re a goddamn machine, dude.

Have Your Say: (You can have your say here on anything else that you’d like. Primarily this is for your segment and storyline but if you’d like to add anything else, you may feel completely free to do so. Make sure you tell us about your characterisation and angle, first and foremost.)

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the Marvolo/Sharkman tutelage storyline, and having it rope into the TAM/Novan story was a great combination. I thought all the characters got to shine and, though I know where I’m headed eventually, I’m wondering if this particular grouping will continue to be a thing for a while.

I really do think this can be the character arc that defines Marvolo. What’s known of his backstory is easily translatable into superhero lore, and the OSW he’s come back to is one that needs him to step it up, do or die.

Can’t wait.

#72162 Score: 0
    Proteus
    Proteus
    Participant
    • Started: 16
    • Replied: 272
    • Total: 288
    • 7 pts
      <li style=”list-style-type: none”>
      Standout Wrestler: (This is your standard wrestler of the night fare.) Newton. No way around it even if I wanted to. He is all over this show from beginning to end. He throws out conditions, calls out his teammates, stays undefeated and lie about cake. He is the clear winner in this category. Huge props to Mel for staying undefeated. Insane.

Standout Match: (This is the match of the night in your humble opinion. This can be based off roleplays, storylines, segments or the match itself.) Newton vs Crowley. All the matches we top notch in writing. With the extended word count throughout, it makes this choice a little harder, so I will go with the roleplay quality as a tiebreak. Both of these pieces were amazing, and I don’t envy Dean when he has to make those sort of choices. Great stuff lads!

Show Stealing Segment: (What segment stole the show for you?) Archived Footage for me. All of the returns were great, but the pure creativity with this one stole the show for me. I am a huge Sergei fan, so to see him come back in such an entertaining and original fashion was really exciting.

Needs Some Work: (What segment could use a little work?) A few very minor typos, some of which I was guilty of myself. Nothing else.

The Shock Factor: (What shocked you about the show? This can be a big moment, a storyline or a segment.) All the returns really. To be fair, the most shocking was Outlaw. Great character to have back in the fold. I’m not taking anything away from Phoenix or Sergei, because I love both of those, but I honestly didn’t expect to see Mike back. Really excited to see where this goes. Of course the death of Million. I knew Steve had gone, but to see such a long term character, from even before OSW, die was a shock. Of course this is OSW, so it doesn’t mean it’s final

Feud Of The Night: (This is the same category as most compelling feud.) Still going with the overall theme of Good v Evil. Both sides had some wins and losses, but you come away feeling the side of Evil is still in control here. There is no feeling of victory even with the good side pulling off the victories in most matches. This story has me hook, line and sinker, and I can’t wait to see where it goes from here.

Overall Show Rating: (0 to 10, with 10 being the best, How did you rate the show? What could have taken it to the promised land if your opinion?) Solid 9.5. Really great show, especially for not being one of the “Big 5” shows. I am left wanting more and not having any closure, I’m thrilled for what is to come. What is Noah going to show the Chief??!!

Have Your Say: (You can have your say here on anything else that you’d like. Primarily this is for your segment and storyline but if you’d like to add anything else, you may feel completely free to do so. Make sure you tell us about your characterisation and angle, first and foremost.) Not a lot of dialogue for Brucey, so I can’t comment much on that front. He was portrayed well in the match, so that was a plus. I am assuming that the double crossing by Newton has gotten Crowley out of having to release the Revenants from his grasp. I wasn’t expecting to see living Brucey this early anyway, so no big deal. I really like it.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Proteus Proteus.
    #72164 Score: 0
    Jensen Cussen
    Jensen Cussen
    Participant
    • Started: 3
    • Replied: 233
    • Total: 236
    • 4 pts

Standout Wrestler:

Honestly can this go to anyone but Edward Newton tonight? Normally there are at least two or three candidates but the current (and still undefeated) world champion was the focus of State of Emergency and it was a mini-arc all of it’s own for Newton. From the seeming very small window that King Crowley had Newton (with Zappa and Rhodes) trapped to the first real acknowledgment by Newton at least of his undefeated status to the pure mastermind at work yet again with stealing back his championship and the Book of the Dead before leaving both Rhodes and Zappa in the Underworld.

Yet there’s a slight change in Edward too, his bargaining for Harrison and Van Chan’s souls (if that actually stands) might indicate he’s chosing a side. I don’t think Newton will ever be a hero or even close to it, but helping save the world because it’s in your best interests for self preservations is still saving the world and that may well be what happens in the end.
    Standout Match:

Gotta be the Trio’s match here, six of the best competitors on the roster in an incredible match which showcased everyone’s skills and overall, it was an incredible elimination match that definetly stood out (even if I refuse to pick matches I wrote myself)
    Show Stealing Segment: 

As much as I love the trio of Newton/Rhodes/Zappa segments and the CAD segment, Archived Footage picks up the deuce here. I absolutely love Sergei Sokolov, the storyline between him and Piotor is easily in my top three of all time and I was absolutely heartbroken when Tommy vanished the first time. So for Sergei to come back, and not only that but be an awesome freaking Russian Terminator, I marked the fuck out. Even more then I did for the other two returns. Russia’s come back and it’s about fucking time.
    Needs Some Work: Nada
    The Shock Factor:

Aside from the two returns (spoken above and one I’ll speak in storyline talk) and the shocking death that I’ll touch on later, I kinda agree with Anton on this one with Pheebs coming back. While I don’t believe gone is ever truly gone with Dean, I never expected to see Phoebe Outlaw again and I’m pleasently surprised I was wrong there. Great to see Mike back and can’t wait to see what happens with Outlaw in the coming weeks.
    Feud Of The Night:  The Good versus Evil storyline is our main one throughout and it’s still incredibly strong, but the substory of that I’m absolutely loving is Noah vs. The Chief. The almost game of cat and mouse between the two has been great since it began, and now heading into CAD which could well be a massive turning point, I cannot wait to see what sights Noah has to show the good old Chief.
    Overall Show Rating:  Gotta go with a 9.5 here. Had great storyline continuity, some amazing returns, a massive shock death and a great buildup to a incredibly intriguing special, there’s not much more you could ask from State of Emergency in my opinion.
    Have Your Say:

Well holy shit, things got flipped upside down here. First I have to say I loved, as always, working with the Jeckel Brothers. Great storyline as always (and I agree with Jiggles that sometime soon Jensen and Jake need to have a go around for old times sake) but the ending there was a holy shit game changer, at least for Jensen.

First, I will say it does suck massively that Steve’s gone. I loved teaming with him and it is a little bit of a downer it ended with a whimper but it was a huge death, possibly one of the biggest for a while in my opinion, especially when you consider the history of the character…and who killed him.

The mother fucking Phoenix is back and I couldn’t be happier, it’s definetly a new direction for the vigilante who seems more Crow like now then Nightwing (but then I guess that’s what happens when you get brought back to life) and seems hell bent on inflicting revenge on Jensen for his death. This should be an amazing feud and as long as it keeps on that direction, I’m incredibly excited for what comes next.

#72165 Score: 0
    Cael Gable
    Cael Gable
    Participant
    • Started: 13
    • Replied: 464
    • Total: 477
    • 25 pts

Standout Wrestler:

Hmmm, I don’t know…. no, It’s Edward Newton. In all honesty, how can it not be him tonight? Firstly, he won another match keeping the undefeated streak alive and retaining his title against a very game Crowley. He keeps knocking down challenge after challenge and it seems nearly impossible to beat him. He’s the man everyone is gunning for and that is a testament to the writing ability Mel truly has. Outside of his performance in the match, there were his segments. Not only going to the underworld but dominating Crowley and his revenants in what seemed to finally be a proper swing for the side of good only for him to betray the likes of Rhodes and Zappa and leave them seemingly stranded. Newton keeps himself strong no matter who is punished in the process. Properly strong night for the riddler.

Standout Match:

I wasn’t expecting myself to put this match down but I think I’m giving it to Tommy Wright VS Ethan Rose. I’m so used to the balanced nature we give here in matches unless someone leaves improperly. Since that wasn’t the case and especially since I think it was Sc00t who wrote that match, I wasn’t expecting the straight dominant beatdown of Ethan Rose. It seemed like a jobber match and Rose certainly ate it. What a showing for Wright and it makes him look like that dominant street fighter I’ve been hoping to see with him.

Show Stealing Segment:

I’m going to go with Archived Footage. I’m not going to lie, out of all the returns, this is the one I marked out the most for. I missed seeing our Russian tank roll through the competition. I was bummed when Tommy had to leave but I perfectly understood why. Now, that he’s back, I can’t wait to see him resuming his path of destruction. He also has the added motif of the new Terminator aesthetic which adds more to his destructive capabilities. I can’t wait to see what side he joins especially since he seems like he could go either way.

Needs Some Work: Nope

The Shock Factor: 

It has to be all the returns given to us. I wish I was around when Phoebe was to know how big of a deal this is but that’s amazing she’s back in OSW. As for the two I know, Phoenix and Sergei, it was a blast seeing them back in the fold. I had no idea we were going to get these returns but thank you to Dean for giving us them and to the handlers for coming back! I’m so excited about the possibilities we have with the returnees. Also, an extra shock in Phoenix’s return with the killing of Max Million. It seems like the phoenix learned how to do a proper neck snap from his own demise and I can’t wait for this seemingly even grittier version of the character.

Feud Of The Night:

Crowley vs Newton. For the past few weeks, I have given it to something pertaining to the good vs evil storyline but while this feud is definitely a part of that, it seemed to have that extra layer of personal animosity. It’s not just about the fate of world or life and death, it has become truly personal and I love seeing how willing both men are to garner as much power as possible. All of the possibilities that have arised out of the underworld and its dealings make me so glad that I brought Hades to OSW but what has been done with it now that the god is gone is a masterstroke and it has me intrigued every week.

Overall Show Rating:

This was a 10 for me, wow what a show, that was simply amazing from my perspective. I loved all the good vs evil clashes coming to a head and that allowed it be a great show as ppvs always are here but the returns and pure surprise of it all made this almost as exciting as a live show. Dean wasn’t luing at all when he told us to be ready for a bang and a bang is what we got. Shows like this remind me why I love this place (outside of the guys of course).

Have Your Say: 

First of all, I loved the match this week and the Pughplex off the top rope is something I loved seeing in a match. It’s a move I can visualize in my head and my dream is a wrestler in real life does it now. For my segment, I loved it this week. My segments this month were slow at first but I love what it has built to. I loved the anger shown by Cael. His resolve to right the world by force if necessary was on full display in the segment. The more and more I see of hardened Cael, the more I love it. His intensity stays there the whole time but his anger doesn’t lead him to ruin as it is for a righteous cause. It seems like the doubt/cael feud is open-ended and I’m curious where it might go from here. It doesn’t seem concretely over and I’m curious if Cael could be the guy who actually allows Jonathan to return. Cael as the doubt-killer has a nice ring to it. It would make perfect sense as Cael might be one of the most confident characters here and not going lie would be proud to be a part of the lore of OSW that way. I thought this was going to be a one-month feud but now that I see it has potential for much more, I appreciate it starting with a slow burn. Side Note: I think this story could have a lot of gunpowder if Cael has a sibling. It’s just an idea but Cael has never been established as an only child or anything and I could see it giving plenty of firepower to this feud if it does indeed continue.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Cael Gable Cael Gable.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by Cael Gable Cael Gable.
    #72169 Score: 0
    King Royal
    King Royal
    Participant
    • Started: 32
    • Replied: 267
    • Total: 299
    • 17 pts

Had to write majority of this on the bus home this morning as had no idea I was required to feedback with me not being booked. So blame any spelling/grammatical errors on that… though lets be honest they’re probably still most likely down to me haha.

WOTN: Edward Newton, he hadn’t been as dominant in this category for me for a little while, whilst still being dominant in the ring. This, in my eyes, was his closest ran competitor yet in this stupidly impressive run he’s got going on. I’d normally factor a lot of the story into this section but this week I’m going in a totally different direction and basing this on the win alone. Crowley had all the momentum in his favour with how he’s been performing and of course becoming ring king. Edward picking up the victory here I believe is his biggest in quite some time.

Best Segment: The Cake is a lie – Even though with what I said above, the segment itself was still top notch. This was basically classic Newton, he not only pulls the wool over the characters eyes but also us as the reader at times. It’s what keeps him really interesting as a character. Being unable to take anything he says or does at face value means we’re always on edge and kinda in the dark about his plans and motives, this was no different

Best Match: Newton vs Lee Crowley. PPV matches are always great, almost like a treat with the extended word count. I had the most anticipation for this one gong in though and it didn’t disappoint. Two outstanding roleplays from two outstanding characters. The “is this the streak” breaking match” element certainly added excitement to what was already going to be a slobberknocker (thanks JR).

Shock Factor: The returns. While I certainly expected to see Jacob Phoenix (or ore so PJ) back. I wasn’t around when Tommy left, and Mike had been gone for quite some time now. All three were still shocking, but more so Sergei and Outlaw probably that little bit more. Having all three great is back though and just adds more quality people for me to lose to…. YAY. 😀

ALl seriousness great to have you all back! Welcome home lads!

Feud of the Night: The overall good vs evil that we have going on. I can see this taking this category for me until we reach some kind of conclusion or even a huge breakthrough for one side as its just dominant all over the show. I was trying to think back to when some storyline like this ran through the show as much as this one does and I couldn’t seem to recall anything. Other bits like the KKK story line etc did so but weren’t anywhere near on the scale of this. It just pulls you in from every side, plus the names involved are just mega.

Gotta give a side mention to Noah/Chief though, whilst it falls under the above group of good v evil. Every single interaction between them has been world class. Great, great stuff from the two NPC’s.

SHow Rating: Like a 9.9, tremendous show with lots going on not a lot to fault just think it was slightly behind the other PPV’s we’ve done that have achieved a perfect 10. Always try to keep my ratings relevant to ratings gave in the past. SO whilst nothing actually wrong with this show at all, I just enjoyed certain others ones that tad more. Hope that makes sense.

Thoughts: Very interested to see where this leads. With Terminus seemingly having won Royal’s allegiance, they don;t usually end well for partners, could this one be the one to finally break that pattern? Will it even be that type of alliance? Plenty of questions… lets find out.

#72170 Score: 0
    Doubt
    Doubt
    Participant
    • Started: 9
    • Replied: 198
    • Total: 207
    • 10 pts

Standout Wrestler:

Well, hard to argue with the dude who got away from and took it all at the same time. Eddy Newton kept his undefeated streak alive while saving his cohorts from near certain death…only to then ditch them in the hell hole where their fate is unknown. Is it a dick move? Maybe, but Newton’s taking the more “save your own skin” route that guarantees he gets out of there alive. Bonus points for giving Lee a decoy belt. Sure it seemed kind of out of character for Lee not to notice the moment he had it, even with the infection clouding his brain, but it’s not something completely unexpected for the Riddle Master.

I’ll admit, seeing Newton and Crowley come that close to each other made me understand that, despite his success, Mel isn’t unbeatable. I’m sure several people looked at that and suddenly have renewed confidence not only in themselves, but in Mel for making damn sure he gets the best match out of people a hundred percent of the time. So when we do find ourselves fighting again and it isn’t an honest mistake on Dean’s part, I’ll be sure to deliver a whopper for him. Dude deserves it.

Standout Match:

You know, I’m probably not going to earn anyone’s favor by saying this, but I really enjoyed the Tag match between Shark, Marv, Jacen, and TAM. I enjoy the more tongue in cheek matches in darker themed shows. Seeing Marvolo do his usual comedy bits despite trying to be a more serious hero makes me smile. Of course, seeing him taking all the shit and doing some dumb shit to Jacen and TAM made me laugh for all the wrong reasons, but the change of pace is still nice. Kudos to the writer, really knows how to lift the spirits.

Show Stealing Segment:

Okay, this time I’m going to avoid the popular vote, if only because they belong on another category.

That being said, this goes to Road Trip, Conditions, and the Cake is a Lie. These three pretty much cemented Newton’s place in the SSW while also telling an incredible story. Really, I did all the gushing I could for Newton already, but seeing him take no shit from both good and evil, winning a battle that no normal human should, and then fucking off like it ain’t no thing was a blast to read.

Needs Some Work: 

Eh, nothing I can think of offhand.

Shock Factor:

Dem returns doe. Seriously, if anyone saw these people coming back to start anew they’d either be lying, a time traveler, a psychic, or Dean Mason. I’m really glad to see them all back, though. I feel that all three of them had rather untimely departures that left character arcs entirely unresolved. Being able to explore them in this time of OSW lights a new fire that, hopefully, gives the fed new hope in this apocalyptic time.

Feud of the Night:

I guess Newton vs. the World.

He hasn’t exactly sided with anyone at all, and seeing him take down one of the biggest heels and ditching two of the biggest faces in hell won’t exactly score any brownie points from either side. Hell, I think at this point, both sides might want him dead. State of Emergency was his show (which he unfortunately stole from Crowley, I bet), but seeing what happens next can only bring about the worst things for him, IMO.

Overall Show Rating:

It gets a 9.99 for me. I don’t want to come off as too much of a boot licker for this show now, ya know? 😛

Have Your Say:

I really wish I had this feud with Cael earlier on in his career, to be honest. That way we would have had a bit more than “Doubt’s a terrible creature and Syndi’s in danger because of it” as a main plot point. I’ll admit though, if there is anyone I want to see bring Johnathan back, good or bad intentions aside, Cael Gable ranks high on that list of people. Hell, if the conditions were right, he could’ve been my next Viktor North. Regardless, the feud might have been slightly lackluster, but I wish to have another feud with him should the need arise. Hopefully next time without this low self confidence and losing streak of mine.

The match was fun too. Sure it didn’t contain Doubt using its tendrils like I was expecting, but it was a fun back and forth.Kind of surprised to see Into the Unknown get some love again. Many people seem to forget that move even exists. Although, seeing that move being executed so early on into the match felt a little off. Think of it like Jensen’s Burning Hammer, except Doubt can’t capitalize on it.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Doubt Doubt.
    #72307 Score: 0
    Jacen Novan
    Jacen Novan
    Participant
    • Started: 1
    • Replied: 30
    • Total: 31

Standout Wrestler: (This is your standard wrestler of the night fare.)

Edward Newton – All I have to say here is undefeated… The guy has been on an amazing run, one that I don’t believe will ever be replicated here at OSW. Not only did he pick up another win, but he did it against a guy who has had a good run himself in Crowley. Away from the match, Newton also made his presence felt in the segments. Stealing the Book of the Damned and his title, leaving Zappa and Rhodes behind was brilliant. You were actually tricked for a moment in believing that Newton had turned a new leaf, then you were brought back to earth. I am a huge Newton fan and this week only solidified that for me.

Standout Match: (This is the match of the night in your humble opinion. This can be based off roleplays, storylines, segments or the match itself.)

The Jeckel Brothers v. The Family – This was a very well written match. It felt like a battle more than a wrestling match. You could feel the emotion for Jeckel over Calypso. My favorite part of the match was the following:

[Million starts to swing down, but JAKE FLIES OVER THE TOP WITH A SUICIDE DIVE!! He drives the steel chair into Million’s face!! Jake grabs his midsection, after going down hard. But he gets up to check on Jack. Jack nods that he’s okay. Jake grabs the steel chair and slides back into the ring. Jack makes his way to his feet and stands on top of the steel steps. He leaps off…]

The thought of Million’s face colliding with the chair felt brutal. I honestly didn’t believe his night could get worse, but I was obviously wrong.

Show Stealing Segment: (What segment stole the show for you?)

Archived Footage – I loved this segment because I honestly did not feel we’d see Sergei Sokolov again. I loved his character from the past, but I am really interested to see where this goes. As someone above mentioned, I did get a Universal Soldier feel when reading the segment. Sokolov was already one of the toughest in OSW, but now with the enhancements, OSW could be in big trouble.

This was a great show, no improvements needed from my perspective.

The Shock Factor: (What shocked you about the show? This can be a big moment, a storyline or a segment.)

Rising From The Ashes – I never envisioned the return of Jacob Phoenix. I really enjoyed this character from the past, so I’m stoked to see him return. However, what really shocked me here is Phoenix straight up murdering Million. I never saw that coming, especially from Phoenix. Watching this character evolve will be very enjoyable.

Feud Of The Night: (This is the same category as most compelling feud.)

Newton vs. Crowley – I really enjoyed the interactions on this show. As I mentioned above, you were lead to believe that Newton was developing a noble streak, rising up to combat the evil Crowley. However, we saw him revert back, embracing his selfishness and stealing the Book of the Damned.

Overall Show Rating: (0 to 10, with 10 being the best, How did you rate the show? What could have taken it to the promised land if your opinion?)

This show was a solid 9.5 for me. It had well written matches, a continuation of a fantastic storyline, and some great returns. Great show!

Have Your Say: (You can have your say here on anything else that you’d like. Primarily this is for your segment and storyline but if you’d like to add anything else, you may feel completely free to do so. Make sure you tell us about your characterisation and angle, first and foremost.)

The development of Novan as a character has been great. The image I had developed in my head is finally coming to life during the segments. It was interesting as well to see Sharkman and Marvolo starting to believe that Novan’s intentions were on the up and up. You also got the feeling that Novan is not intimidated by the evil overtaking OSW, almost giving folks a sense that he’s encountered an equivalent evil before.

The continued development of Novan and TAM as a team is also well done. I get the feeling that each help the other to evolve and grow as a character. In my mind, TAM acts as a moral anchor to Novan, helping keep the darkness at bay.

#72354 Score: 0
    The Scarecrow
    The Scarecrow
    Participant
    • Started: 11
    • Replied: 99
    • Total: 110
    • 19 pts

The development of Edward Newton’s character was immensely driven throughout this event. His joining forces with Solomon and Zappa, only to turn his back on them in a mighty plan to steal the book, developed his snide personality more than ever. When he retained his Championship, I at first was relieved. I love Crowley and his roleplays, but I hadn’t felt the same energy from Dawson over the past month that I had in the first few weeks after winning Ring King. The World Championship needs stability and Newton brings an undeniable passion to the role as Champion, and proudly holds that title. It shows, week in, week out. Could the Ring King curse be striking again?

Standout Match: (This is the match of the night in your humble opinion. This can be based off roleplays, storylines, segments or the match itself.)

It isn’t our place to judge matches but since it was previously mentioned, on roleplays, I thought Edward Newton had it. It was close, but I would have given it to The Riddler. Because of how close the match was, I’m putting it here as the standout match of the night. Crowley likely took Newton as close to the limit as anyone ever has and that’s admirable.

Road Trip, Conditions and The Cake Is A Lie came together to deliver a killer blow. Just when we thought Edward Newton had decided to do something selfless and admirable, he turns his back on everyone and everything, for a selfish purpose and abandons his partners in crime in the underworld itself. These segments gave us false hope about the path of Newton, making us believe that he may finally understand his position in this war. Truth be told, he was only interested in himself.

The return of Jacob Phoenix, the death of Max Million, the return of Phoebe Outlaw and Sergei Sokolov – I mean, take your pick? I couldn’t believe my eyes on any of them. I was certain Phoenix was dead after his throat was slit by Jensen Cussen and I didn’t see Outlaw coming back. Those both shocked me more than most.

You can say its a feud, but the development of Edward Newton in the end of the world story is something I can’t overlook.

But truthfully, the whole good vs. evil angle was played out to perfection across the event.

Another rock solid 10. If it isn’t a 10, what is? Shocks, surprises, deaths and amazing twists and turns. Everything you want is right here.

Have Your Say: (You can have your say here on anything else that you’d like. Primarily this is for your segment and storyline but if you’d like to add anything else, you may feel completely free to do so. Make sure you tell us about your characterisation and angle, first and foremost.)

Another great show, and from what I’ve read, it’s the first in a big arc that we’re heading into. It’s perfect. The Scarecrow continues to play an important role and I’m enjoying the dynamic between he, Kersh and Mike Lane. It feels great to be a Tag Team Champion as a part of a trios group and I can’t wait to see what’s next for the Founding Fathers.

#72547 Score: 0
    Mother
    Mother
    Participant
    • Started: 7
    • Replied: 87
    • Total: 94
    • 3 pts

Standout Wrestler:  Edward Newton once again proved why he is a mastermind and why he is undefeated here in OSW. The guy is always one step ahead of everyone else and in the PPV he proved that once again. He yet again remained undefeated in a tough match. What set him apart though was he seemed to come out of the show with everything going for him. By looking out for numero uno Newton managed to escape the underworld with his title intact and the book of the dead too.

Standout Match:  Newton vs Crowley and The Revenants vs. Rhodes & Zappa – The fact these two matches were set in the underworld already made these a promising proposition and both matches delivered on that promise. The tag team match was already good enough but what was even better was the way it seemlessly crossed into the world title match. I loved the way that happened with Crowley crashing through the wall of undead to land a punch on old Edward. The match was end to end stuff and it really had you wondering if Newtons streak was about to come to an end. Somehow though the riddler managed to survive yet again. Good matches.

Show Stealing Segment:  The life of Brent Kersh, I was not expecting a Phoebe outlaw return in the slightest so to see her back in business was an awesome sight. It felt for a minute that Brent’s time was over when DTR had him on the floor, I did think he would get out of it somehow, but I did not expect the person to help him to be his daughters ex Phoebe. Great to see her back in the mix of OSW and because of this that is my show stealing segment.

The Shock Factor: There were a lot of shocking returns, Phoebe Outlaw was a big one as I said. Sergei Solokov was another one, he is a character I always enjoyed and to see him back was a surprise. Then there was the return of Jacob Phoenix, he was a long standing member of the roster for a while, I thought he might have been gone for good so it was great to see a return from him too. All in all there were lots of shocking but shocking in a good way returns.

Feud Of The Night: I think as has been said for a lot of weeks its hard to ignore the entire storyline overall the whole good vs evil thing dominates the show from end to end. It leads to many interesting fights and battles. The Chief vs Noah thing has been very interesting to me from the start and I think the segments between these two have been personal highlights for me for the past month.

9.5 this was an amazing all round show, I give it a 9.5 because my 10 is reserved for shows like Red Snow which knock the ball out of the park. This show was great, but not the perfect 10.

Have Your Say: I think Mother wasn’t a major plotpoint in this show and with so many bigger feuds going on that made sense.  She was really a secondary player in the scene merely a part of the group. That was fine though because in the overall storyline it made totaly sense for her not to be the focus of attention in this event.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MEMBERS LIST