Home forums Community Corner Shoot The Shit Indy Wrestling Theme Songs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Sergei Sokolov Sergei Sokolov 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Phoenix
    Jacob Phoenix
    Participant
    • Started: 2
    • Replied: 48
    • Total: 50
    • 2 pts

So I found this awesome playlist on Spotify that someone actually put together of every indy wrestler’s theme you can imagine from CM Punk’s two main ROH themes to Bryan Danielson’s “The Final Countdown” to even Grado’s “Like A Prayer”, and it got me thinking. One thing that’s great about indy shows is the songs that the wrestlers pick, especially when it comes to connecting with fans. Here’s the playlist if anyone’s interested:  https://open.spotify.com/user/1230938241/playlist/22fTVoCMCIkUrutg1gXNV9

So my question to you guys is this: What would your indy wrestling theme song be?

I think mine would be “Here I Go Again” by Whitesnake. I just instantly think of the movie Old School when I hear it, and I think an indy wrestling crowd belting that song as you make your entrance would be so epic.

#71980 Score: 0
    Cael Gable
    Cael Gable
    Participant
    • Started: 13
    • Replied: 464
    • Total: 477
    • 25 pts

Bulls on parade by rage against the machine. Always wanted to go with a protestor style gimmick and rage would instantly pump up a crowd.

#72002 Score: 0
    Doubt
    Doubt
    Participant
    • Started: 9
    • Replied: 198
    • Total: 207
    • 10 pts

Well, it depends on what the fed can afford, really. Licensing is a huge deal, after all. 😛

If they want to get instrumentals only, I’m thinking something by Vospi would work well for me. More specifically, 2Rock or Video Out C, since I’m trying to go for like an urban survivalist character (Imagine Jay White except even more distrustful).

If songs with lyrics are okay, then something something heavy would work. Slave to the Grind by Skid Row is something that I think could convey the image of my character well. If not that, then (since Rob robbed Rage from under my nose) American Jesus by Bad Religion would work. Got that whole “Fuck you, I’m still alive.” vibe to it.

#72069 Score: 0
    Sergei Sokolov
    Sergei Sokolov
    Participant
    • Started: 10
    • Replied: 117
    • Total: 127
    • 12 pts

My favourite was always RVD when he had ‘Walk’ by Pantera. The crowd singing along before the matches in ECW is what made it really standout at the time, Sandman’s Metallica entrance is right up there also!

I always thought ‘Chop Suey’ by SOAD would’ve been pretty fucking epic with a load of pissed up 18-35 years old singing along!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MEMBERS LIST